Chicago, Illinois

Barry Elliott is calling himself an AKC Professional Handler and travels with at least 28 dogs.He took my dog to show at AKC events, and showed it a few times.

My Border Collie is Shoreland's Cash Is Flash, and this dog along with 4 others is now DEAD due to his negligence. He left his truck load of dogs in a church parking lot in the heat all locked up with his faulty generator going. He returned to 5 dogs dead, as his generator malfunctioned. This same thing happened in 2006 to him where 10 dogs were found dead in his vehicle!

So this is his 2nd time having dogs die in his care!

We have a facebook named Justice to Flash where you can see more information on this.Please sign our petition asking AKC to stop him from handling and showing dogs at AKC events!

Had an Experience with Edelweis Kennel?

Comments

omg
San Antonio, Texas, United States #632881

This is horrible.It is like leaving your child in the car unattended in the heat.

There is no excuse! If you have an emergency you don't leave your children unsupervised and you don't leave dogs that are in your care unattended. Unless he (Barry) dropped dead or had a fatal injury he should have made sure the dogs were looked after. Why didn't he put them in a kennel?

Was he being paid to 'handle' them? If so, shame on him. This was an senseless avoidable tragedy. And 10 yrs really?

he should never!be allowed to 'handle' another animal.

Show Person

I have known Barry fo 20 years and know WHY he was not there for the very few minutes it took for his generator to fail and the dogs to succumb.It was an extreme family emergency of which I have personal knowledge.

He had absolutely no choice but to get to the hospital, returned as quickly as possible and could never have dreamed such a thing would occur. This terrible ACCIDENT and the way people have treated him since is something he will never get over. It grieves me that people still vilify him and cannot forgive something that was not his fault and he so deeply regrets after all this time.

I hope all of you who cast stones are without sin.He has suffered enough.

animal lover

He has been suspended from the American kennel club for 10 years.

Dog Lover

So are you saying he intentionaly killed these animals? I find that hard to believe that in todays society that this could happen and he not be punished for it.

S***land

Edelweiss is on this handlers license plates on his show truck where the dogs were left unattended in the heat and died!He represents this kennel as his business is run out of this home and kennel.

This was no ACCIDENT as someone should of stayed with these dogs, since they are VERY valuable show dogs, and they are his responsibility. There is no excuse. Or he should of had the vehicle near him, where he could continue to check on the dogs! These dogs were LEFT UNATTENDED to!

NO EXCUSE!:cry

Dog's Best Friend

From what I have been reading this is not the "first" accident that has resulted in the death of several dogs by this individual. As far as "moving on", she lost a living breathing being in a tragic way. You don't just "move on" from something like that.

Dog Lover

from what I have read, it was investigated at the time and found to be a accident! it is terribly sad, but an accident, this was NOT done on purpose as you are lead to believe...

Dog Show Lover
Warne, North Carolina, United States #326598

So when is the court date? I'm assuming that you are pressing at least civil charges against this man?

Dog Lover

They are giving him there business because they are lies about him, he did loose dogs to an unforuante accident. This lady needs to move on with life. It is getting sadd now she is after a Edelweis Kennels they have been in business since the early 1900's and are very good.

Dog Show Fancier

Good Grief, there are still people out there putting their dogs with this person! Stop giving him business, stop giving him dogs to neglect and abuse!